TINTIC MILL RUINS,  Genola, Utah
​​
The 'Standard Reduction and Reclamation Mill' was built in 1925 and shut down in 1929.  Now owned by DWR, it has become a center for grafitti and has been tagged relentlessly for years.  It's the tagging that is the attraction now, more than the historic ruin that dominates the steep hillside southwest of Gelona.  The buildings are gone but the concrete poured almost 100 years ago remains, crumbling slowly with time.  The terrain is steep and loose scree and slippery.  Trespassing enforced as soil has high levels of lead & arsenic.   "CAUTION"

FOR NOW...

©2018 - 2020 Copyright Raymond Cannefax,  All Rights Reserved